nlohmann-json #voiceagents #vshl-core

Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to update the alexa-auto-sdk module (v2.3.0), so when execute the command bitbake agl-demo-paltform I get the following error:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'nlohmann' (but ~/external/alexa-auto-sdk/modules/car-control/aac-module-car-control.bb, ~/external/alexa-auto-sdk/modules/messaging/aac-module-messaging.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  nlohmann-json

how to fix this dependance?

Scott Murray

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020, francesco.argentieri@kineton.it wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to update the alexa-auto-sdk module (v2.3.0), so when execute the command ```bitbake agl-demo-paltform``` I get the following error:

```sh
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'nlohmann' (but ~/external/alexa-auto-sdk/modules/car-control/aac-module-car-control.bb, ~/external/alexa-auto-sdk/modules/messaging/aac-module-messaging.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
nlohmann-json
```
how to fix this dependance?
Francesco,

As I mentioned in an email to the list last week, I have Alexa SDK 2.3
building against AGL master locally, but need to debug a connection
issue. I am going to pick that back up again today now that I've gotten
through some other higher priority work. However, if you are really keen
to help with testing and likely some debugging, I can push a sandbox
branch with my current WIP changes. For this particular issue, the
DEPENDS needs to be changed to nlohmann-json with a bbappend to
aac-module-car-control. aac-module-system-audio needs the same fix
as well as other tweaks.

Scott

Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON)

Hi Scott, Thank you for your reply, I solved this problem. Might last time I had badly interpreted your answer. I don't know perfectly how bitbake works. If for you is not a problem I would like check out your work maybe can inspire me to solve issues on my work. Thank you once again for your reply.

Best regards, Francesco

Scott Murray

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020, francesco.argentieri@kineton.it wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your reply, I solved this problem. Might last time I had badly interpreted your answer.
I don't know perfectly how bitbake works.
If for you is not a problem I would like check out your work maybe can inspire me to solve issues on my work.
Thank you once again for your reply.
Francesco,

I've still not managed to track down the issue I see with a SDK 2.3 based
build, but if you want to try it, I've pushed sandbox branches (based
off of current master) to make it easy to reproduce. You can do:

repo init -b sandbox/scottm/alexa-2.3 -u https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/AGL/AGL-repo
repo sync

in an directory to checkout out the whole tree and then do aglsetup.sh
& build. If you've already got a tree with SDK 2.3 in place, you can
alternatively just checkout the sandbox/scottm/alexa-2.3 branch in
meta-agl-devel and rebuild. Note that you will need to re-run
aglsetup.sh (with -f) before building as the feature template has a
change to 50_bblayers.conf.inc that won't be picked up without it.

You will need to set a couple more ALEXA_* variables if you're using the
agl-demo-preload feature to populate the config JSON, see the changes to
the alexa-voiceagent-config recipe for those. The issue I see here is
that after authentication, the Alexa engine does not move to connected
state. However, I happened to notice that if you wait 1 hour, whatever
is stuck times out, and then it connects. So far I have not had any
success working out what the problem is, but I believe I have ruled out
thud vs dunfell compatibility issues in the couple of packages that
seemed like they might be problematic. I'm going to keep digging, please
let me know what you see if you do try it out.

Thanks,

Scott

Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON)

Thanks, I'll take a look.